We pride ourselves on providing you with an excellent service, however if you are not satisfied with your treatment or feel unhappy with any aspect of your care, the practice has a formal complaints procedure.

All calls are treated in the strictest confidence.

Who can complain?

Anyone who is receiving, or has received, NHS treatment or private services can complain. If you are unable to complain yourself then someone else, usually a relative or close friend, can complain on your behalf. It is important that you make your complaint as soon as possible after the event has happened.

The aim of a Complaints Procedure is to give you a quick, but thorough response, which answers your concerns.

How do you make a complaint?

You can raise your concerns immediately by speaking to a member of staff (e.g. dentist, practice manager or dental nurse) or someone else e.g. the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) for complaints regarding NHS treatment. They may be able to resolve your concerns without the need to make a more formal complaint.

However, if you want to continue with your complaint you can do this orally or by writing, including e-mail to your dentist at the surgery address. If you make your complaint orally the complaints manager should make a written record. This procedure is called Local Resolution. If you would prefer not to complain directly to the practice or dentist or if you wish to talk to someone who is not involved in your case then:

For complaints regarding Private dental treatment please contact:

Dental Complaints Service
Stephenson House
2 Cherry Orchard Road

Phone: 08456 120540

For complaints regarding NHS dental treatment:

Usually the NHS will only investigate complaints that are:

Made within 12 months of the event or within 12 months of you realising that you have something to complain about

These time limits can be waived if there are good reasons why you could not complain sooner.

PALS and Complaints Department
1st Floor, Advice and Information Centre
Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway
Middlesex HA8 0AD
Tel: 020 8937 7173
Fax: 020 8732 6761

You can also write to the Acting Chief Executive, Alison Blair, at:

Alison Blair
Acting Chief Executive
3rd Floor, Westgate House
Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway

You will receive a full reply within 20-25 working days, signed by the Acting Chief Executive.

If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint, you can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) for an independent review of your case. The PHSO is an independent body established to promote improvements in healthcare. You can contact the PHSO at:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Tel: 0345 015 4033

Where can I get further advice and help?

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) (provides advice and support to people who want to complain about the NHS).
Tel: 0845 120 3784

Call NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street
London W1G 8DQ
+44 (0) 845 222 4141 (UK local rate)
or +44 (0) 20 7887 3800

Useful Websites:

Site last updated December 14, 2016 @ 2:51 pm; This content last updated February 2, 2012 @ 5:29 pm